WHAT INFORMATION DOES COMET CYCLES COLLECT?
COMET CYCLES may collect personal information about you when you submit that information to us, send us an email and/or complete any forms on the Website.
Other personal information we collect may include:
* Your name, contact, billing and delivery details;
* Details, such as gender and date of birth, as supplied by you;
* History of your entry to COMET CYCLES promotions over time;
* History of your past purchases from COMET CYCLES over time;
* Other information supplied by you - including, but not limited to photos or video, in response to direct questions asked or when you rate and review a COMET CYCLES Product, or when you engage with COMET CYCLES through any social media channel.
WHY COMET CYCLES COLLECTS THE INFORMATION
COMET CYCLES collects personal information to enable us to provide you with our online services and conduct business with you, including providing you with the relevant consumer information and notifying you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. COMET CYCLES will only request and use personal information that is necessary for the conduct of its business. The information that COMET CYCLES collects helps us to better understand the products most helpful to you. COMET CYCLES may also provide value added offers.
WHERE DOES COMET CYCLES COLLECT THE INFORMATION FROM?
COMET CYCLES’s website server automatically collects certain information when you visit our website including, where available, your internet protocol address, operating system and browser type, and details of data downloaded from our server. This information is used for system administration, statistical analysis and similar related purposes.
For the same reason, COMET CYCLES may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests/needs;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you and automatically log you on when you return to our Website.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
COMET CYCLES may use the personal information you provide to us in the following ways:
- to conduct our business with you;
- to facilitate and manage our dealings and relationship with you;
- to notify you occasionally about important changes to the Website, new products or services and special offers we think you will find valuable;
- to request that you rate and review a recent purchase;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- for research purposes;
- to contact you or respond to a message or email;
- to send to you information you request;
- for any other purpose for which you may disclose your personal information to us; or
- for any other related purpose you would reasonably expect.
COMET CYCLES may disclose information that we hold to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To related companies within our corporate group for marketing purposes.
- to send you our promotional material by post or email
- c. to send you any items you order from us;
- to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements with you;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of COMET CYCLES, our users, or others;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the buyer or seller of such business or assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce the terms of any agreement we may have with you or to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our clients or employees. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
COMET CYCLES wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us or if you do not want use your information to enhance your shopping experience, please let us know by clicking on the ‘opt out’ options when managing your account. You may also select the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our communications if you wish to be removed from our database.
To maintain the security and integrity of your personal information, COMET CYCLES takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are provided with a user ID password or any other piece of information as part of our security measures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any other person. COMET CYCLES has the right to disable any user ID or password and your right of access to the Website at any time if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of this policy.
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
COMET CYCLES will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information is up-to-date, complete and accurate as possible and may, from time to time, contact you to update your details. However COMET CYCLES encourages you to update your own details as often as possible. To do this, simply use the login prompt at the top of the home page to login to your account and update your details
If you would like to know what information COMET CYCLES currently holds about you please contact our privacy manager. However, to protect the confidentiality of your details, we may require some proof of identity in advance. If COMET CYCLES denies access to your personal information, we will tell you why.